Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shaping your character

Last night i went to the movies with a friend to see "Post Grad," with Alexis Bledel. While it really wasn't anything to write home about, I found myself vastly interested in the upcoming movies previewed in the coming attractions.

One of these films was An Education.

Now, I'm not sure of the exact quote, but it was something a long the lines of "We build character by doing things. If we never did anything, we would never be anyone."

This started me pondering on our modern society and how screwed up our communication is.

I'm not really one to judge, since I'm guilty of logging into Facebook much more than once a day. However, we live day to day by these digital windows. We are attached to our iphones, ipods, cameras, computers, and many more which I'm sure are in development. And we do nothing.

We do absolutely nothing as we waste our time trying to get a glimpse into other people's lives. How very sad.

I'm not sure who I want to be, or exactly what I want to do, and that may change every day for the rest of my life. I'm disastrously bad at making concrete decisions.

Yet, I do know that I desire to make something of myself. I want to be good at something and leave some kind of mark on the world with the life that I have been granted.

I don't want to waste away in this digital age.

No comments: