Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010. A decade of a difference.

In the last ten years I've graduated middle school. High school. College. And now I'm attending college again for my graduate degree. It scares the hell out of me.

Also in the last year I've gained a very unhealthy addiction to my laptop computer, or more accurately, to the internet. I've finally figured out that one should not mix gold and silver jewelery. I also like to think that I've gotten a little bit more fashionable, although I try to fine tune that point every day of my life.

I've broken a heart.
I've had my heart broken.
I've fallen in love. Twice.

But what for the next ten years?

I know that I do not want to waste it in front of that laptop computer, or spend it working every day just to come home and sleep for lack of energy.

I want to live young and live life the way it's meant to be. Maybe that means pushing myself more.

Pushing to try new things. Pushing to DO activities instead of watching them being done on the internet or on television.

I need to read more, but I also need to write.

I need to be less frightened of what others are thinking and just throw myself out there with as little concern as possible.

Oh and I have to stop complaining, because complaining makes you old. Physically and at heart.

I need to remember why I'm lucky and what this life has already given me. I also need to give back.

I need to wrap myself in all of the good advice, cliches and words of wisdom doled out every day from those who are wise, strong, and confident in who they are.

And when I forget to do these things, I need to not be so hard on myself.

It's 2010 after all.

No comments: