Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Staying Positive

So, recently I've become a huge advocate of positive thought. And now that I try to practice seeing the bright side of things daily, I have no idea why I didn't try it sooner. Of course, I still have my cynical, "why are we here?," "what the hell is the point of life?," moments. However, I truly find that when my day is going badly, if I take a breath and think "This is going to be a great day. There is nothing anyone can say or do that will affect who I am inside," it really does turn my day around, or at least puts it into perspective.

I've read loads of self-help books, looked up inspirational quotes, and watched The Secret for 20 full minutes, before I had to turn it off. And all I can say is this: you won't find happiness, until you are ready to try for it every day. You can weigh the pros and cons forever, but if you never experience anything, you are wasting your life.

I thought I had found the love of my life...I was wrong. But that's not going to stop me from hoping it's out there somewhere.

And that's all for now!

No comments: