Sunday, January 4, 2009

My New Book

Think Like A Guy: How to Get a Guy by Thinking Like One.
By E! News Anchor Giuliana DePandi

So I recently took a trip to the Barnes and Noble Self Help section, and I think I've discovered a new gem. I'm about two chapters in so far, and although, I can't say I agree with everything DePandi states about the game of Boy Meets Girl, a lot of it makes sense. The writing style is very tongue-in-cheek, almost reminiscent of other favorites of mine, Skinny Bitch, or He's Just Not That Into You. However, the fact that DePandi is, in fact, a successful woman makes this book that much worthwhile to invest my time and money in.

This "guide," delivers advice such as;

Tip #16 Don't Obsess Over Babies and Puppies

Tip #34 Don't Nag Him to Validate Your Relationship

Tip #37 Don't Drag Him Out Shopping

Tip #40 Don't Always Leave Him with the Bill


The reason I love this

Being a traditionalist is not necessarily wrong. I don't think any opinions are right or wrong, but some are massively asckewed. My belief is that the key to being genuinely happy is putting yourself above all things. It's important for me as a woman, to be able to change my flat tire, buy my own chicken soup when I'm sick, and learn how to hold my own hand when I'm feeling vurnerable. Love isn't about needing someone, it's about wanting to be with someone that makes your life that much more fufilled.

Gender norms and stereotypes make independent women out to be complete bitches and absolutely disregard the fact that it's necessary in life to be able to take care of yourself first.

You have to hold onto yourself before you can find someone special to hold onto.

And that's my opinion.

No comments: