Friday, September 3, 2010

Let's drive to Vermont in a hurricane, my dear.

Getting ready for a weekend in Vermont at a family friend's lodgings. They have a cabin/house that they bought about a year ago as to have a permanent place to stay over their many skii trips. I of course do not skii. I made the attempt once when I was maybe fifteen or sixteen . . . I don't even remember my exact age, but it was enough to convince me that this was not a sport I was very much advanced at.

We are also expecting Hurricane Earl here on Long Island, but I'm sure Earl will dwindle into a tropical storm of some sorts, hopefully (and some people will not agree with me in this) bringing somewhat of a cold front.

I can't help it! I love the Fall! It's probably my favorite season, despite my love for the beach. Sometimes the summer is just TOO hot, and I really just look forward to pulling on some jeans and a cardigan and sipping apple cider. I love it.

This post didn't turn into very much . . . oh well. Anyway, I'll be sure to veg a bit and come back with something insightful to say.

No comments: