Friday, January 14, 2011

Officially obsessed with: TOM Shoes

TOMs have been around since about 2006, yet I just recently heard about them through co-workers this past summer. I bought my first pair of red canvas classics in November which quietly started my love affair with the shoes. Now I own a second pair in navy (Love is the new black colorways) and have a pair of black glitters on the way

It is not just the trendy style of the shoe itself that grabs my attention. TOM's "One for one," mission is a beautiful idea in which for every pair of shoes you buy, the company donates a second pair to a child who is without shoes. 

TOMs are available for purchase at their official store, but also at high end department stores such as Bloomingdales, Nordstrom and Bergdorf Goodman's where you can score a pair that was made exclusively for that store. 

I've found they make amazing gifts because are trendy, yet versatile, plus it's pretty cool to say that your gift is helping out some cool kids having a rough time.

No comments: