Sunday, April 10, 2011

The joys of laughing at yourself.

It's no secret that I like to enjoy a glass of white wine or two when I socialize with friends. And it's not that uncommon for others as well. Not only do I actually enjoy the taste, but it causes me to loosen up a bit and not really care what people are thinking. Either way, I love to talk and laugh with people, but something I've realized is when you are able to laugh at yourself and your own antics, people WANT to be around you. By laughing at yourself, you exude a carefree type of confidence that some people rarely have when they do not drink. That's why alcohol and other substances are so addictive in the first place.

I think if we all took the time to laugh at ourselves instead of feeling uncomfortable and overcritical, we'd all be a lot happier and more comfortable in our own skins.


But that's just a small thought.
I will definitely be updating soon and hopefully writing something with a little more substance, so stay tuned.

No comments: